Tools, apps and resources for the socially savvy hospitality, tourism, food or winery business owner or marketer.
Let’s face it ~ there are just way too many bright shiny new online tools, apps and resources emerging daily. Who has the time to keep up with it all!
That’s why I’ve put together a few of my favourite resources to help hospitality, tourism, food and wine business owners and marketing professionals with information needed to more easily and efficiently traverse the online world.
Technology, techniques and best practices in this field constantly evolve and to be honest, I don’t have the time to keep up with it all myself daily, so these pages are not meant to be a comprehensive resource list, just a helpful guide.
I will be updating the information here from time to time, so pop back now and then to check out some of the great new tools available. Read our blog or keep up to date by joining our newsletter delivered straight to your inbox.
Want to know more?
Please Note: I personally have used all the resources listed below and have had a great experience with each, but your experience may vary. Some links below are affiliate links, which means bizeez communications will earn a small commission if you purchase that particular tool, service or eCourse via that link. If you do, I sincerely thank you for supporting my business.
Audience Polls & Surveys
- Survey Monkey – most widely-used and possibly the best survey service on the internet. You can speedily create a survey in minutes and easily integrate with most popular online tools.
- Getpocket – when you find something on the web that you want to view later, put it in Pocket. Pocket Bookmarklet will save any page, video in your browser and automatically syncs to your phone, tablet, or computer so you can view it any time, even without an internet connection.
- MailChimp – online email marketing service provider with free to small fee solutions. A fabulous option for small to medium wine, tourism and hospitality business today.
Facebook Apps & Promotional Tools
- ShortStack – easily design Facebook Pages and Apps including contests, coupons and give-aways. You can also run quizzes and polls and don’t have to be a programmer to do so. Prices range from free (limited promotions, up to 2,000 “Likes”) to “Short Stack” ($30.00 billed monthly) to a “Full Stack” ($75.00 billed monthly).
- Rafflecopter – is a quick and easy way to boost likes, get Twitter followers and most importantly build that much needed email list. TIP: Get together with a couple of other complementary businesses and put together a prize that involves all of you. Then run a Rafflecopter contest that earns people more entries with each page they like, twitter account they follow, or email list they subscribe to. ALL of you will benefit from the social media growth and business awareness, and the winner will get a pretty fabulous prize also. Win/Win.
Graphic & Visual Marketing Tools
- Box Shot King – Easy, customisable templates allowing you to create eCovers, sales page graphics, CD case covers, headers and more. Galleries allow you to quickly choose from hundreds of graphics, effects and font styles – or upload your own.
- Canva – makes designing so simple. Create designs for the Web or print: blog graphics, presentations, Facebook covers, flyers, posters, invitations and so on.
- Dropbox – document and image sharing program you can install on your desktop. It can also sync from other devices such as iPhone or iPad – great if you take loads of pictures on your phone and don’t want to spend hours uploading to your computer.
- PicMonkey – free online photo editing tool. Anything from basic edits, like crop and rotate, through to enhancing images with effects, overlays, fonts, textures, frames and touch up tools.
Project Management Tools
- Basecamp – complete project management system. Fully customizable, easy-to-use and reliable.
- Dropbox – free document and image sharing program you can install on your desktop.
- Evernote – note-taking, screen capture and photo capture program. You can also add offshoots apps.
Time Management Tools
- IFTTT – ‘if this then that’ is what it stands for and it is a fabulous task automator and scheduler. It works by creating simple coding “recipes” telling devices to take recurring actions. Check it out, it really with help with some of those important tasks!
Tracking & Analysis Tools
- Facebook Insights – free Facebook Page tracking and campaign optimisation metrics. Business Pages need thirty “Likes” before able to access Facebook Insights.
- Google Analytics – this is a “must” for every business owner or marketer – track marketing engagement, ROI and so much more! Read one of our blogs on Why Google is a Must for Business.
- Sitleliner – free and fast analysis of websites – checks for duplicate content, broken links, internal page rank, redirections and more. Also creates an XML sitemap.
- Woopra – is a real-time web analytics and targeted customer engagement service. Providing solutions for sales, service, marketing and product teams.
WordPress is fantastic and I’ve been known to sing its praises loud and proud. However, it is not infallible and things can go awry and you will at some point undoubtedly face a few problems. Here’s a few of my favourite WordPress themes, templates and plugins to help you manage your WordPress website.
- Elegant Themes – over 80 WordPress themes that suit all business types. Responsive, customisable and user friendly. We use the new Divi theme here on the BizEez Communications website.
- Akismet – website spam filter. Possibly the best way to protect your website from those evil bots and spammers.
- Flare – a simple, customisable and mobile friendly social sharing bar that enables content get shared via posts, pages, and media types.
- Hybrid Connect – easily create opt-in forms, lightboxes, slide-in boxes and squeeze pages with the world’s most flexible editor and use the split-testing feature to reach the best possible conversions for your site. It really is fabulous and can turn any website or blog into a list-building machine.
- Redirection – manage all your 301 redirects and monitor 404 errors
- WordPress SEO – the first true all-in-one SEO solution for WordPress, including on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and much more.
- WP-Optmise – this plugin helps you to keep your database clean by removing post revisions and spams in a blaze.
Shopping Cart/eCommerce Solutions
- Ecwid – fast, easy to use and enables sales on multi-sites (not just your website)! Set up an Online Store for WordPress, Drupal, Facebook and more – mobile responsive also. Free to small fee depending on your needs and links easily to PayPal. This is a great solution for small wineries or food producers who want to start selling online.
- WP Curve – are a WordPress support company that offers unlimited support with small thirty minute jobs from only $69 per month. Members can email WP Curve any problems they have at any time of the day and get the issue resolved on the same day. Business owners can get 24 / 7 access to the world’s best developers for maintenance, support & unlimited small jobs.
Want more great information like this?